Thursday, July 31, 2008

Treatment #2...

...or NOT!

I did not receive my second round of chemotherapy today. My white blood cell count was to low and they don't want me sicker then I already would be with the treatment so they scratched it this week.

I will instead be going for treatment next Thursday, from there pushing my whole scheduling back a week. I am disappointed about this, I know I need to be flexible with it but I wish I hadn't done all my mental positive thoughts and prayer preparations for treatment to be told sorry you can go home now.

I was ready, I hope this makes me more ready for next time. I have to be very cautious for the next week to ensure treatment as scheduled. I have to watch what I am eating, who I am around, and wash my hands like a mad person! 

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts and cards and letters and well wishes and unconditional understanding and positive vibes. It is getting more difficult then I thought to control my emotions about this. I hope this will pass, I know it is just a bad few days. Next post will be better news, I just know it!! 

Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee

4 comments:

eMiLy* said...

hey ash! i am so sorry to hear that you could not receive treatment today! i can only imagine the disappointed look that crossed your face! just remember everythingg happens for a reason and just go with it. easier said than done right? just hang in there i love you and constantly praying for you. next week will be fine and go by fast and easily! =o)

Unknown said...

Young Lady
Just remember to stay strong and patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Things will work out.

Kevin & Nancey

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashlee: Sorry to hear treatment is pushed back, it happens, it almost happened to me on my 2nd treatment I was very very borderline,but that means the medicine was doing what it was supposed to. On a good note, you're going to have a visitor(s???)on the 21st.

junerip said...

Hi Ashlee, I am Ciarra's Aunt June. I am following your progress and praying for you and your family. You are an amazing young lady!! Hang in there!