Monday, July 07, 2008

As I wait...


As I wait for July 17th I have found different things to occupy my time. Most recently I went to a NASCAR race with my family and had the best time! I was a little apprehensive about it but feel in love. I really enjoyed the race but also people watching and the atmosphere. I am really happy that I had the opportunity to go and would love to go to another race- now that I have a favorite driver. #18 Kyle Busch the bad boy, but crazy on the track haha!!

This weekend coming up, I will be in South Florida for two Dave Matthews concerts and some fishing and some home time and I am really looking forward to it! I am happy that I have distractions until my treatment next week, time goes by slowly some days but I am getting creative with my time!

I hope you had a happy and safe 4th of July holiday and are having a fun summer!! Thank you for all of your cards and well wishes over the past month I do appreciate it and keep praying for my New Years celebration time (haha)!! 

Pictured: Me pre-race on Saturday, they told me that you get tire rubber residue in your mouth and nose so I joked that I would wear the bandanna to prevent it and those are also HUGE ear muffs to protect your ears from the loudness of the cars. I thought this was funny and no i didn't watch the race like this!!

Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hey Ash!!

I am so glad to hear that you finally have the diagnosis, what a load off. I am always thinking about you!!! Sounds like you are keeping busy and that always so good!! Now it is time to get the real "party" started and beat this, just like I know you will!
All my love from up north!! Steph :)

Adam & Michelle said...

Hey Ashlee,
Your positive attitude is awesome! I am glad you had a great time at the race - go 18!!! and 24!!!
Have fun with The Host. We will see you soon.

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun at the race...Luke was there too! I miss your face...hopefully I'll see you soon :)

Bets

Adam & Michelle said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6KyDtnacDA

Unknown said...

Hey Ash!
My mom just got two books that I thought I'd pass the titles along to you: "Outsmart your Cancer: Alternative Non-Toxic Treatments That Work" by Tanya Harter Pierce and "What to Eat if you Have Cancer: Healing foods that boost your immune system" by Maureen Keane, M.S. and Daniella Chace, M.S.

PLAM!
Katie W