
So it has started...
I am poisoned. I am healing. I am achy. I am happy this has began. I am ready for day 2. I am ready for day 3, and 4, and 5... I am ready to overcome this!
The whole experience was very good. I imagine that isn't what anyone expects to hear, my nurse for the day, Curtis, was amazing. He was very through, explained everything, and answered all my questions. The day was long but went by so fast, i was there from about 9:30 to 2:30, I was served lunch, snacks, and hung out with my parents :)
My day (in as much detail as I can):
Got up, went to the facility, checked in and met up with my parents, I had a cry in the lobby- I think it was then that reality settled in.
I was called back and fortunately I was in a private room (actually, I am just very happy this is all outpatient) where my mom and dad had to take turns hanging out with me. I got to sit in a recliner chair that was impressively comfortable! I met my nurse and he walked me through everything... he accessed my port (the catheter under my collar bone) which was probably the most painful part of my day, and then drew my blood. This is where the waiting part of my day comes in, every time I show up they have to make sure my blood counts are ok to give treatment, so they draw the blood and send it to the lab- it takes about 45min. After the results came back I was ok-ed to begin! I was given anti nausea medicine and liquids and then the first two of my drugs, followed by the two others one at a time.
I am receiving what is commonly know in the cancer world as ABVD, a very common treatment for hodgkin's patients. A very successful treatment for hodgkin's patients. I think it is already working on me! Once the chemotherapy was complete, I had talked online with some friends, walked the floor, went to the bathroom 200 times which I am told is a very good sign that the drugs are in effect) haha, ate lunch, took a nap, had cookies, and felt the success of my journey beginning. My journey will be successful...
I want to thank you for your continued support. By just reading this, it is such a help and a constant to keep me focused on the end goal. It reminds me that there are a world of people who will find comfort and God's presence in my story. Thank you for your prayers, positive energy, kind words, text messages, phone calls (although I am bad at picking up these days), and emails. Know that it is has not gone forgotten, and it never will. Thank you...
If you want to read more about ABVD click here: ABVD info
Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee
Pictured: In the bag is my four chemotherapy drugs. Read more about them above.

10 comments:
Glad to hear you're not barfing uncontrollably! Okay, that's an awful thought (images from "Stand By Me" just popped into my head!).
Hope you have a good visit with the 'rents. Let me know how The Dark Knight is when you see it. Chelle and I are going tomorrow at 1:50!!!
Love,
Big Bro
Hey Ashlee: interesting to see that you and I have the same drugs, the more fluids you can drink the better, take a sip of whatever you want, (Water) and wash that stuff right out of your system. I know I did the count down too, they can't get over soon enough but they will and you will be as good as new. Look at me.
Love ya bunches Aunt Kathy
Ashlee you have been in my thoughts and prayers continuously. Keep up the positive attitude. I hope your treatments remain as painless as possible! Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help you during these trying times!
Loyally
Jessie Z.
hey ashlee! i'm sooo glad to hear that your first day went so well. you are in my thoughts and prayers and i can't wait to hear more about how well you are doing. your possitive attitude is amazing and i can't wait to hear more about your journey. hang in there sweeite!
love, your cousin lindsay
Hey Ashlee,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm checking your blog everyday :-) I love you girl. I can't wait to come over there and finally meet you!! One more month! <3
P.S. It's Taylor
Ashlee,
Glad to here that things are going well. We look up your blog every couple of days. All our love !!!!
Kevin & Nancey
Glad the process has started. I too hope and believe you can and will be one of the folks who gets by this with little discomfort and THE MOST Positive attitude. You will bless all who help you on your "trip".
Thinkin' bout ya!
Michelle and Alan
You've definitely been in my thoughts, Ash! How are you feeling? I'm so glad your spirits are high!
Loyally,
Katie W
My love!...im so glad to hear chemo day 1 went well!...even tho i am now just posting i check your blog prob every day like 3 times a day to see whats new with u! haha...i love you so much and hang in there...you're an amazing person!
love you!
-Em
Hey Ash,
I know it was probably hard (sitting with me) going through your story again and listening to mine. I will follow this blog.I know you have a long road to go down but you will get down it (is that a corvette, surly not a mini van !!!). I enjoyed it sooooo much :). You looked great, sounded postive and "HELLO" wonderful hair cut. Please feel free to come by and set on my sofa anytime, talk to me anytime or just sit and stare at nothing (no more CSI, I promise). I'm here for you sweetie.
All my Love, Thoughts and Prayers >:D<
Mama Deb or M.D. or Mama Harley...whatever I am at the moment
Post a Comment