Monday, July 21, 2008

The Burning Question

How am I doing?!

I am doing well!! The whole thing is a very weird experience. There are many things I have already learned from this crazy ride, first and foremost I need to slow down. I am so use to hurrying through everything that when life calls on me to do nothing- I have no clue what to do! I find myself spacing out activities or planning visits with friends days in advance, a very strange experience for this one time has-to-be-apart-of-everything-going-on-in-the-universe kinda girl! I think this is the first life lesson God is handing to me on this journey, to enjoy myself where I am at, because planning won't change his course of action. I know, I know, many years of Catholic school should have given me this clue, but there is something very eye opening about experiencing it first hand. It is refreshing and difficult- but I've gotta make it work!

My health is good, or as good as it can be. I am working on eating my fruits and veggies (I promise Mom!) and drinking as much as possible. My body aches in weird places and I could sleep all day, or at least that is how I feel today. I say how I feel today because it really is a crap shoot on how I am going to wake up. The day after treatment I was ready to take on the world as usual nothing could stop me and today I couldn't bring myself to leave my bed but for a short while. I think I will eventually figure out what days after my treatment are good, bad, or otherwise. 

My biggest complaint right now it my mouth is in some pain. It is really sensitive and my jaw is really sore, fortunately I have mouthwashes and Tylenol to help with the discomfort! I think if this is the worst of the side effects and the unnatural amounts of WEtv and Oxygen that I am watching, I will make it through this happily.

Thank you for your cards, well wishes, prayers for speedy removal of the cancer, positive energy, happy thoughts, and for making me laugh! I will post again soon about my happenings and how I am feeling.

Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Ashlee
I love reading your blog, you have an amazing spirit and a kick butt attitude. I am so proud of you! Have been praying that all goes well. Keep up the good work!
The Dark Knight was intense!
love Karen

Adam & Michelle said...

Hey Ashlee,

I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you, and I hope the effects aren't too harsh. I check your blog all the time, so you should have a great number of hits to your site.! =)

I'm sure you saw it, but there is a new trailer out for Twilight. http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/17/new-twilight-trailer/
I just may join all the fanatics at Barnes & Noble on Aug. 2.

See you next week!
Love,
Michelle

Pat said...

That's a great life lesson to learn and an important one too. We live in an age of hurrying everywhere and not enjoying where we are. That old adage that life is the journey, not the destination is true. Don't rush through these next months regardless of how hard they are. They are full of great blessings and lessons. You will be so different when this is over.
I love your joy and honesty and vulnerability.
You are never alone.....

MOM & DAD said...

Ashe,

Thanks for promising me fruits and veggies . . . now you need to promise me protein and lots of drinks, too! You are doing amazingly well and I am so proud of you!!!

I love you,
Mom

Lori Mitchell :) said...

Hey COUS!
Just read your blog- obviously :) Just saying HI & totally had to laugh when I was watching TV yesterday and they were talking about downtown Orlando- OH THAT NIGHT! Glad I can count on my husband & cousin to take care of my sick ass! he he he! Love ya & I hope each day with the side effects get a little better! PS- those shoes were really cute ;) <3 LORI xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts all the time. Keep up the positive attitude.
Love, Aunt Teresa

Steph said...

Hey Ash - it is another up north cuz coming at you today!!! I am so glad this next big stage has finally begun, all those little cancer goblins watch out 'cause my cousin Ash is going to put a serious hurt on you and wipe you out!!!!
Drink lots of H2O like my mom said and of course the veggies and fruit - I think tomatoes are OK now LOL!!! per your mom - you know moms know best!

Love you lots and thinking about you we are all with you up here!!! Check in again soon!
Steph ;)

Paul Muri said...

you got spirit yes u do! I got chur prayer. ;)