Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today was my "pregame warm-up"

Hello all!!! I am so relieved after my appointment today! I was able to meet with my oncologist, Dr. H today and he was absolutely wonderful! He told me I looked very healthy and that we should be getting through this in no time.

Everyone at the facility (my brother laughs that I call it "the facility" I say it is because it isn't really like a hospital- it is just MD Anderson, my treatment facility) today was very positive and upbeat at 8am, I wonder if I will ever get use to waking up that early all the time?! The woman who took my blood told me I was going to be on America's Next Top Model after they let me outta this joint- I couldn't help but laugh and admire her ability to work with some very sick people everyday with a smile on her face- I gain strength from people like her!

Unfortunately, the good comes with a little bad, but only for me... I have to have 4 tests done next week and have a port-a-cath put in me :( It is funny because all of the tests have different rules and regulations for me to follow, things I can't eat, what I need to wear, what I can't wear the lists just go on... I suppose if that is the most discouraging part, I can handle it. I have some plans that I am looking forward to in the upcoming weeks so I am going to remain focused on those to get over the anxiety of these tests.

...And to answer the million dollar question that everyone wants to know- ha ha- yes, I will be having chemotherapy. I have not scheduled the official start date yet (they will call me sometime this week to do so) but I will begin roughly the first week of July. I will be sure to post and let you know when I know more then that!

Thank you for your continued kind words and prayers- if you want to leave me a comment you just have to click the little link next to the date I posted this, under my salutation :) A few people were asking how to do that! I will be sure to write again soon and am ready to get this show on the road (and over with)...

Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ash! so happy things seem to be going well with everything and that you will be starting everything soon and getting it over with!...I know your nervous about your upcoming tests, but I am sure they will go fast and with ease! stay positive and strong! I love you so much and your constantly on my mind!

Anonymous said...

in order to avoid any copyright infringement and fines im gonna need to see proper citation of my coined phrase "pre game warm up", thanks

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. Good luck with upcoming tests. I am glad you set this up so I can keep up to date :)
I love you Ashpee aka my spicegirl side kick.

Cousin Lynne said...

Hey Ashlee, I am so glad to hear that your pregame warm-up went well today. Sorry you have to go through all the tests. Stay positive and know that we are all cheering for you up here in Michigan :).
Love Cousin Lynne, Mark, Lindsay, & Anthony (AKA Tony).

Amelia said...

heyy ashlee !! i just read all your posts and i dont even know where to begin right noww .. i do know, however, that your strength and positive attitude will carry you through this !! i just wanted to let you know that your favorite chaplain and all of your sisters are behind you 110% . God puts us through times like this to test our faith .. he obviously doesn't know who he's dealing with ;) remember to stay positive and to keep your faith strong -- i know you'll make it through this :)

pi love & all of mine,
amy <3

" I can guarantee you this truth: If your faith is the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. " -Matthew 17:20

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashlee,
Susan sent me a note to check your blog. I am going to keep up with your journey. We'll all be thinking about you and wishing you the best. If you need anything, please let me know!
Youndy

Steph said...

Well Ash, I am now caught up on your blog. This is a really great way to keep everyone posted! I will check in as often as I can! Love you bunches and thinking of you!

Adam & Michelle said...

Well, it looks like Poland is gonna hold off Austria in Group B of Euro 2008. Definitely a shocker earlier as the Germans were upset 2-1 by a very game Croat team.

Oh, wait. This isn't a soccer blog?

Love ya, sis! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash,
Your are simply amazing and I am so glad that you have this blog set up. I am so glad that you found a place/"facility" where you are going to feel comfortable through this. You are so strong and if you ever need anything you can always call your favorite NMC (we really did make the best team :)

Pi love (and please come to boston in the spring time..)
Emily