God has this funny way of making paths cross at the most influential times. I am currently in one summer course (online), The History of the U.S. Space Program (it is awesome) and my professor is a Hodgkin's disease survivor. I emailed her to let her know what my situation is and that I plan to stick it out to keep me busy. She promptly responded telling me she was a survivor and understands where I am at right this very moment. It was such a relief because all things considered, I didn't really want to stick this semester out but have no doubts that I am suppose to now.
In other school news, I won't be graduating this December. I will be a true five year college student- and plan to make the most of it. I can say that my overachiever attitude is kind of down about this but I need to take it easy for a little bit. Besides, everyone complains about getting out of college so I'll live it up a little longer :)
I'm feeling good today, just a little emotional. That is to be expected though. I am ready for my appointment on Tuesday. I am ready for answers and a course of action. I am ready to take this on and to be another success story.
Yours,
Ashlee
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
thats crazy amazing! im extremely extremely proud of you, your strength :0) We are trying to come up wed. afternoon till fri/ morning so you can give me the ld from tues. appointment then and tell us this plan of action ( we watched shrek today so you were a green ogre holding a huge sword when that sent. just came out...;)Let me know if there is anything you need from home, if not i'll text ya when we are on the way... if your sick of reading you can come house hunting xoxox
Hey Ashlee!
This is your cousin Lindsay up in Michigan. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. You are definetly on our thoughts and in our prayers. Good luck at your oppointment on Tuesday. That is absolutly amazing about your teacher! This blog is such a great idea! Well I will hopefully talk to you soon! <3
Hi Ashlee,
I'm so glad you've done a blog!Although,I'm not sure what I'm doing and if you'll get this message....
I've been worried about you, but after reading your thoughts I feel so empowered by your strength and positive attitude! You are going to get through this with grace and courage. You also are going to be right down the street from my house at MD Anderson.So if you ever want or need someone to talk to I'll be right there!!
Good Luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you:)
HI Ashlee,
Well I'm a little mifted. I already typed a note or should I say blog to you, but it was erased cuz I didn't know I had to create a blogger thing first. Anyway great idea cuz you can write once and reach 100's of people at a time. Keep up the great attitiude, but Ash that picture you posted on your blog is a little shadowy, get a better one so we can see you better. I not a great speller either so I'll be able to read everything you type (and I can interrupt K thru 3rd grade handwriting and spelling so yours should be be a piece of cake, I hope). Good luck tomorrow your in my prayers.
Love,
Lucky
Hey Cous!
Love this blog idea.. I still don't get myspace or facebook, now I have one more thing to figure out! Just sayin Hi and we're thinking of you. Just read this in an e-mail & thought you would find it funny: "Never hold your farts in. They will travel up your spine into your brain and that's where shitty thoughts come from!" Keep up the positive attitude. We love you :) <3 Lori & Leonard
DEFEND
YOUR
CASTLE
!!!!!
Hey Ash,
There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking 5 years to graduate! Haha, lord knows UCF and the Education Department have set up everything in such a way that it's close to impossible to get out in four anyway. There's no shame in taking the extra year...at least now we can sit together at graduation!!!
I miss you girlie...call me if you need anything.
Suitemate lovin',
MK
Post a Comment