Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So it begins...

Hi all!! Sorry it has been a little bit since my last post, I went home to Coral Springs for the weekend and decided to give myself a little blog-less time!

I had a good time at home... On Friday night I cut my hair short- think Ashley Judd in the 90s- ha ha. I promise, I will post pictures as soon as I can have someone take them. It has taken a little getting use to but it isn't so bad. I just think the reason it has taken me longer then expected to get use to it was my reasoning for cutting it- but as a friend reminded me, it could be all gone soon so what's the big deal! Continuing on the hair front, I went Saturday morning and was fitted for my wigs! They are fun, one of them looks just like me hair color and everything- it was kind of eerie actually. My second wig, my fun wig, is just that fun and different and a long auburn color- i plan to go incognito in this one! Saturday afternoon I had dinner with family friends and Saturday night I went for ice cream with girls from high school. Sunday was family day (and fathers day- happy belated fathers day to the dads) and then I flew back to Orlando.

I have been very emotional the past few days, but I think it is all under control now- ha ha. Sometimes, going home is the best thing in the world and sometimes it turns me into a sappy girl. Either way I had a very enjoyable weekend and thank those people who have put up with my high low, low high attitude lately. I guess I am trying to figure out where I fit into the big picture right now, I have a hunch but we will see where life takes me. I was able to get some good sleep last night and I am feeling more myself today.

Yesterday I met with my radiologist who will be putting my port-a-cath in me on Thursday. He explained the procedure and made sure I was comfortable with what I was hearing... I told him the only thing that made me uncomfortable with what I was hearing is the concept of the device- its just sort of a painful awkward place (just below the collar bone)- he said he understood but in the end it is necessary and worth it. The good news is that I will be able to come home on Thursday night!! Text message me on Thursday if you want to get ahold of me, I will be in the hospital for most of the day and my phone will probably drop calls like crazy!

Today is a lazy day, doing homework and cleaning house! I am on a restricted diet for my scans tomorrow so eat some sugar and carbs for me- ha ha. It is weird that I can now tell people I start chemo a week from Thursday, but I've grown very happy that it is so soon. Thank you for your continued kind words and prayers and I will let you know how life is with a port after Thursday. I will also post a slide show of pictures with my hair asap! Have a great week...

Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashlee,

I am so glad to be able to keep up with your journey through this blog. Your strength through this, as everyone has said, is amazing. People say this all the time, but now I understand...you are an inspiration. Your situation reminds me daily to be grateful for the things I have and to live everyday to the fullest. Thank you for that! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
:-)
Maureen

shan1966 said...

Hey Ashlee,
I know you're having scans today and I hope they are going/did go well. Nothing "yucky" to drink I hope!! No problem with the carbs and sugar request. I can take care of your quota and your neighbors!
Sending you BIG HUGS!!!!!!
Shannon

Steph said...

Hey Ash - Just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you especially this week b/c there are a lot of big steps taking place right now... but the sooner the better - keep your head up!!!
love always,
big cuz - Steph

Adam & Michelle said...

Hi Ashlee,

Just thinking about you today...hope the procedure went okay today!

Talk to you soon!

Michelle