Monday, August 18, 2008

Life is Good...

Life is good. I feel great, then again it is an in between week so I should feel wonderful! I have been busing myself around Orlando before I start classes next week! I can honestly say I am looking forward to this semester beginning. I was talking with a friend about how I wish I was still able to graduate in December and the told me "Ashlee, you have been given the gift of time, what's the rush?" She is right, I need to focus on healing right now.

So, how is my healing going? Well, I think pretty well. A few weeks ago I was in a rough patch with how I felt with the cancer, with my friends, family everything; but I know there is beauty in the breakdown, I have grown since my rough patch. I also began reflecting on the idea of suffering. I've been praying and meditating and considering people who have less support then I do in my life- I've deduced that I could be suffering more. I am learning daily how fortunate I truly am to have a great doctor and health insurance- I pray for those who do not have this luxury.

Overall, my life has been pretty uneventful for the past week or so- I apologize for not posting but I didn't have much to say. I mean I could have but who wants to hear about me cleaning my apartment and going to lunches with friend... on that note I am going to make a disclaimer notice here and now... I do not have a taste for anything really anymore or if I do I am very vocal about it... if you are going to enjoy a meal with me I give you full permission to tell me where we are going to eat. I am OK with anything that has calories and isn't dirt! :) 

Thank you as always for checking in with me. I am very lucky to have so much support and love in my life right now. I promise I will post sooner then later... I have treatment Thursday so it is inevitable. Have a great week and enjoy the Olympics- I wish they were more often! I like watching these sports sometimes more then the common yearly ones! 

Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee

2 comments:

MOM & DAD said...

Miss Ashlee,

I found this quote "A bend in the road is not the end of the road . . . unless you fail to make the turn." - unknown author

And sweetie, you are making the turn!

Love you,
MOM
XOXOX

Pat said...

Ashlee:
We are looking forward to seeing you Saturday as we bring Taylor's "stuff" over. Even if you don't feel like eating, please just come hang out with us.

Mrs. Peak
P.S. Love your mom's quote!