I began my internship soon after coming home from second, said wedding... let's just say I really do enjoy 8th graders. I am teaching early American History but I seem to be more fascinated with how weird these kids can be. Pause for a moment and think back to when you were in middle school, you were weird to. Bask in the fact that you outgrew it :) I really enjoy the school I am working at as well as my supporting teacher. She has been beyond understanding of my concerns and utter fatigue most days. Unfortunately, this past week, I caught an awful cold (dirty kids pfff...) and was out for two days. I felt so guilty about not being there.
It is hard for me to remember that I need to still focus on my general wellness. I had this great idea in my head that I would bounce back after treatment immediately... not gonna happen. I feel like I am still resting and recovering most of the time while attempting to function at a normal pace. I just have to get into my groove and get the chemicals out of my body forever!!
So, on facebook there has been this chain mail sorta thing going around about 25 random facts about you. I gave in and did it. Enjoy...
1. I don't know where to start this. As with most things, I generally spout of nonsense first and then delete the weird beginning...
2. Before we get too far into this... I am a terrible speller and I don't believe in grammar books. Writing is a form of expression. In my head I write how I would say it. If I want the reader to stop. I put a period. Period. If I kinda want them to think I use the ellipsis... I use too many ellipsis's...
3. I do have a wonderful editing team though, my family always corrects my writing for me. But if they want a good idea... guess who they call?!?!
4. I express myself musically. No, I do not play anything but the radio or my ipod, but little know fact... you can know how I am feeling based on what I am listening to any given day. Seriously.
5. I played competitive soccer for 13 years. It seems so long ago and yet I could walk on a field and play like it was yesterday.
6. I am currently learning to be a better listener. I was told many a time I talk too much... I am practicing hearing more.
7. I have also been told I think too much. I had no rebuttal to this because I would have had to think...
8. I love shoes.
9. I could swim all day. I think being in the water is one of the best feelings in the world. To just float and hear yourself breathe... it is virtually impossible to not feel God around you.
10. Speaking of God, He is good all the time, no matter what, no matter who, no matter when. Bad things happen to good people. Period. Fact of life. God is still there showing each and everyone of us there is a lesson to be learned.
11. I think that 25 is a very large number.
12. I love the theater. I wish more people could appreciate the talent of live performances. Think about it... the #1 fear in the world is public speaking and some people chose to do this with their life... it is amazing! (and I am jealous)
13. I am obsessed with LOST. I think that it is such a creative show and I am happy to know I have hooked others on it!
14. One of my closest friends is a boy. I think that boys and girls can be JUST friends, if that is Gods plan. (Although... When Harry met Sally is a great movie :D)
15. I really like poetry. I think it has something to do with my grammar situation. Anything goes in most poetry... hmmm... I am on to something...
16. My mom and I are notorious sale shoppers. I have many nice things: shoes, purses, dresses, ect. but do not be fooled sales make the world a happy place.
17. I am an alumni member of a sorority. It seems as though this joke writes itself... but I will say some of the girls I have met have incredible stories, determination, courage, and IQs. Don't believe the stereotype... I did and I was proven wrong.
18. I love camping. I need to go soon... I am getting an itch...
19. I prefer to use a quilt on my bed. I don't really like comforters... there is something weird about them...
20. I would like to skydive one day. BUT I must listen to "Free Bird" before I do it.
21. I have two tattoos, both are hidden and mean a lot to me. One is my sisters name and another is a angel wings in the shape of a heart. I am planning number 3...
22. I want to go to Tuscany some day when all of the sunflowers are in bloom. I would probably just sit and stare in awe at that!
23. I am going to be hiking Yosemite in June. I cannot wait, I have a lot of money to raise and training to do but this has become a major goal for me.
24. I believe people come into our lives for a reason... we take parts of them with us wherever we go.
25. My family has had some rough life experiences, but we all wake up and put the smiles on our faces and live our lives to the fullest. I think this says a lot about our love, courage and integrity. There is always a deeper story... there is always something more to know about someone. Take nothing at face value.
2. Before we get too far into this... I am a terrible speller and I don't believe in grammar books. Writing is a form of expression. In my head I write how I would say it. If I want the reader to stop. I put a period. Period. If I kinda want them to think I use the ellipsis... I use too many ellipsis's...
3. I do have a wonderful editing team though, my family always corrects my writing for me. But if they want a good idea... guess who they call?!?!
4. I express myself musically. No, I do not play anything but the radio or my ipod, but little know fact... you can know how I am feeling based on what I am listening to any given day. Seriously.
5. I played competitive soccer for 13 years. It seems so long ago and yet I could walk on a field and play like it was yesterday.
6. I am currently learning to be a better listener. I was told many a time I talk too much... I am practicing hearing more.
7. I have also been told I think too much. I had no rebuttal to this because I would have had to think...
8. I love shoes.
9. I could swim all day. I think being in the water is one of the best feelings in the world. To just float and hear yourself breathe... it is virtually impossible to not feel God around you.
10. Speaking of God, He is good all the time, no matter what, no matter who, no matter when. Bad things happen to good people. Period. Fact of life. God is still there showing each and everyone of us there is a lesson to be learned.
11. I think that 25 is a very large number.
12. I love the theater. I wish more people could appreciate the talent of live performances. Think about it... the #1 fear in the world is public speaking and some people chose to do this with their life... it is amazing! (and I am jealous)
13. I am obsessed with LOST. I think that it is such a creative show and I am happy to know I have hooked others on it!
14. One of my closest friends is a boy. I think that boys and girls can be JUST friends, if that is Gods plan. (Although... When Harry met Sally is a great movie :D)
15. I really like poetry. I think it has something to do with my grammar situation. Anything goes in most poetry... hmmm... I am on to something...
16. My mom and I are notorious sale shoppers. I have many nice things: shoes, purses, dresses, ect. but do not be fooled sales make the world a happy place.
17. I am an alumni member of a sorority. It seems as though this joke writes itself... but I will say some of the girls I have met have incredible stories, determination, courage, and IQs. Don't believe the stereotype... I did and I was proven wrong.
18. I love camping. I need to go soon... I am getting an itch...
19. I prefer to use a quilt on my bed. I don't really like comforters... there is something weird about them...
20. I would like to skydive one day. BUT I must listen to "Free Bird" before I do it.
21. I have two tattoos, both are hidden and mean a lot to me. One is my sisters name and another is a angel wings in the shape of a heart. I am planning number 3...
22. I want to go to Tuscany some day when all of the sunflowers are in bloom. I would probably just sit and stare in awe at that!
23. I am going to be hiking Yosemite in June. I cannot wait, I have a lot of money to raise and training to do but this has become a major goal for me.
24. I believe people come into our lives for a reason... we take parts of them with us wherever we go.
25. My family has had some rough life experiences, but we all wake up and put the smiles on our faces and live our lives to the fullest. I think this says a lot about our love, courage and integrity. There is always a deeper story... there is always something more to know about someone. Take nothing at face value.
Thanks for checking in and I know this was an entirely random post but I was in the updating sorta mood... ALSO, I saw Slumdog Millionaire tonight, I recommend it. Very difficult to watch at times but an amazing story/editing/acting.
Thankfully Yours,
Ashlee

1 comment:
What a nice post...it's nice to get some insight into people sometimes! I, too, have come across that Facebook post. Good luck on your trip to Yosemite. I've been there, it's beautiful, and you're going to love it!
Post a Comment